Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Dawns




March is here and that means only 3 more months of winter. It is in the low 30's for the highs, but today it was warm in the morning and then very cold throughout the afternoon.


We had a productive weekend. Friday we had dinner with our friends the McCulloughs. We went to their house and had a great turkey meatloaf. I had a terrible week at work and it was nice to just unwind.


Saturday, Bethany got up and went mall walking with Eden. They ended up seeing "The Wrestler" after their mall walking and she said it was pretty good. Our dishwasher broke about two weeks ago. We bought a GE because they have six sigma quality control... however, I guess we got the 1 in 6 billionth product that could have a defect, because it only lasted about 3 years. We bought a another one at Lowe's on Saturday afternoon. I went to Home Depot on Friday night, but apparently they "don't stock dishwasher" because they are trying to "keep inventory low". I wanted to point out that the whole point of mega box home improvement warehouses is that you have large appliances in stock, so that somebody can come in and say, "I need 40 dishwashers right now!" But, I'm not sure that the appliance guy would have cared or listened. Oh well, Lowe's had them in stock and we got a better dishwasher for about the same price and free delivery.


It got delivered on Sunday after church and I installed it. So, we can now do not have to do dishes by hand.


Bethany is feeling well and by popular request, we have a belly picture.




On a sad note, a friend of mine just found out that her husband has late stage cancer. They should find out this week if the cancer has spread to his blood (I'm not sure exactly what this means if 'spread to the blood' is the correct terminology, but I know it is only a matter of weeks if this is the case). They have a young son and it does not look good. Please be sure to include them in your prayers.




1 comment:

bodaat said...

Yey for belly shots! Thank you for delivering. Bethany looks fabulous! So cute with her little baby. :) And congrats on the dish washer. I don't think I could install one myself so kudos to you. I am very sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I have already said a prayer for them and will keep them in my prayers.